2017 - A Rollercoaster

Two thousand seventeen was a year of ups and downs. It was pretty good in the first half, but it pretty much just went downhill after July was over.

Here are the last twelve months.

January: I edited "A.P. Indy", D got his license to carry, and I had a couple midwife visits. Read more here.

February: We worked on the driveway and house, got a washing machine and dryer, and also I decided that D is awesome.

March: I had a birthday, and Yance was born!  Also we had our first anniversary.


April: Yance went to his first reenactment, he got a new uncle when his aunt got married, he met Nana and Pop, got to ride a horse for the first time, and I ended up with a bit of PPD while working on Camp NaNoWriMo.

May: Our second and final reenactment of the year! And Yance got to meet my grandparents. We traveled a lot, and I did my first feature as an Amazon affiliate.

June: It started off terribly. Storms came through and took the power out for five days, and it was awfully hot. But Kmarie visited not long after, which was good. And then PPD hit, BAD. But it didn't last too long, and for that I am grateful!


July: This month wasn't too bad. We celebrated birthdays and enjoyed Kmarie's birthday party, but Pop had a stroke at the end of the month. I did a couple posts on the role of a wife.

August: Pop died. I started my Photo Thoughts series, and I plan to continue it in the New Year. And Yance sat up by himself for the first time!

September: Yance turned six months old and started really crawling and sitting up. And Caleb died, leaving a hole in the family that was felt deeply this holiday season.


October: Yance got teeth! And also started to pull up on things. He was already turning into quite the outdoorsman.

November: Thanksgiving and a preview of the holidays. Also, hunting seasons opened, and D was out there a lot. D had a birthday, met Dustin Ellermann, and I released my book!

December: I reviewed D's birthday (which was awesome), there was Christmas, and cattle work, and Yance occasionally standing on his own. And we got a wood stove. Finally! And I love it!


As for my resolutions, I didn't do too well, but I think it was okay.

I think I have gleaned knowledge and wisdom, and I think I'm more useful on the ranch. At least, I have helped with fencing and hauled square bales on my own. And I've been reading the Bible and praying. But really, D would have to tell me if I'm smarter and wiser than I was a year ago.

I have learned a lot about being a mother, and Yance is not spoiled, so I think that goal was pretty well achieved.

D didn't want me messing with Sneaky, so I didn't break him in.

And Dingus, well, my energy levels are crazy and Yance keeps me busy, so no, that colt is not ground broken completely yet. I will get working on it in the spring, when Yance is weaned and the weather is more favorable.

A.P. Indy's biography is published, so that one is COMPLETE!!!!!

Yance got his third tooth today! It came through overnight, and it's his top left tooth.

I got several Lilla Rose hair pieces, a necklace, a long sleeve warm shirt that I am wearing right now, a belt from my beloved, Expendables movie set, model of Man o' War, and a planner, among other things. Yance got a lot of toys, clothing, and a plate among his gifts, and D got a vest, socks, movies, an Xbox game, and more. It was a good Christmas, not just because of the gifts, but because of the family.

See y'all next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

New Year, New President