My Husband Is Awesome


My beloved knows how to treat me. On Saturday, after my family left, we went to a nearby lake, to "our spot", and watched the fish and the ripples in the water while relaxing for an hour. We were both tired, both pretty much done.

Previously in the day, my mother and I had cleaned a spot in our room for the baby's crib, and my brothers and dad had sanded and done more mudding in the bathroom before heading out after doing what they could. Dad was also wiped out and needed to rest. My father-in-law spent some time getting the back steps replaced, finally (we'd been without back steps for over a week), and then headed home to get ready for a hockey game in Shreveport as celebration for their 27th anniversary. And D? He had helped with the step replacement and sanded and stained boards to put up in the spare room. I did very little - just made sure he was fed and did a little bit here and there in our bedroom.


After an hour at the lake, we went to his parents' place, which was deserted, and ate supper there and watched half of "Indiana Jones: The Temple of Doom". Mentally, I was in a bit of a fog, being worn out emotionally and physically. But my sweetheart, even though he was frustrated with my mental lock-down, did his best to help. Finally, after a lot of effort on both our parts, I managed to untangle my tongue and untwist my thoughts and tell him what I needed as best I could. And my beloved, my treasure, my husband, he gave it to me. I needed a change from all this work and monotony that had become life. So, we spent the night under the stars in the back of the truck. It was something we'd wanted to do for a while but had never gotten around to. With that in mind, D cleaned out the back of the truck and put layer upon layer of blankets down. Finally, we went outside and cuddled, sleeping under the night sky.

The next morning, after sleeping through the sunrise, he got up and went inside to make waffles while Cookie and I pestered each other. After breakfast, I took a soak and then dozed, being pretty sore. D did some work here and there on the house and watched the rest of the Indiana Jones movie. Finally, I was recovered enough to get up, and then we went to Ma's for the Sunday lunch before coming home and working on some much-needed stuff. At the end of the day, at my request, we went out for supper.
A honeymoon photo
Now, D views going out strictly for food as a waste of gas, money, and time. And when he seemed to be irritated, I felt like calling it off. But I couldn't. He was doing it for me, and every time I have stopped us from doing something "just for me", it hasn't ended well. As it turned out, the restaurant I picked wasn't as good as I thought (neither of us had been to it before), he was uncomfortable in his brand-new good jeans, and then his stomach disagreed with the food. But he never blamed me and never fussed. I apologized profusely, feeling awful for all the discomfort I put him through. At the end of the weekend, all I could do was be thankful for a man who was willing to do anything for me without a complaint. It's not been easy, but somehow he has maintained his sanity with a pregnant woman in the house. I could never equal the love this one man shows me.


He works long hours to make enough money to support our growing family.
When he's home, is busy improving the home for me and the still unborn baby.
He always asks for my opinion and help.
If I want anything, he will let me get it - or he'll get it for me.
He has never, ever raised his voice to me.
He helps me in whatever I do.
He is always quick to praise me, and tells me that he loves me several times a day.


I am his number one concern, his number one priority. No matter what, if I give him the slightest reason not to do something, he won't do it. If I am remotely distressed, he will stop whatever he is doing to focus on me and me alone. And he always makes sure to give me some of his precious time, no matter how long the day has been or how much something needs doing.

Roses may wilt
And chocolate may be nibbled away
But my beloved's love
Is here forever to stay




Thank you, Lord, for giving me D.  ðŸ’– He is the perfect husband, and he is already an amazing father. Thank you, thank you, thank You!

On Sunday, we will have been married for eleven months. The following Friday is my birthday. Two days later, the first Sunday in March, is Baby Baker's due date. We are in the homestretch of both this pregnancy and our first year of marriage. When April hits, reenacting season begins, and this baby, who can already proclaim that he/she's been reenacting since before (s)he was born, will finally experience his/her first reenacting event. It's been a crazy year, and the next promises to be even crazier. But I wouldn't trade it for anything - I love my husband and will follow him anywhere!

38 Week Midwife Appointment

This week's midwife visit was yesterday, back at the birth center. Tana took me. We got there early, but nobody was waiting in line ahead of us, so we went in and got that taken care of without a hitch. I now weigh about 143 <gasp!!!> and measure 38cm, right where I should be. Baby's heart rate is in the 140's, and we are now officially into the waiting game. Fun!

Spare room/birthing room wall - progress!

Tana also delivered the crib and mattress before we headed out, and the midwife got us the birth kit and water birth tub at the appointment. We're all set for the little one to show up, and now we're nervously crossing our fingers and hoping it does this weekend. I am more than ready to go into labor and welcome this little one into the world. And, I am more than ready to tell the world that we have a son or daughter!



In other news, W is coming down today to help out for the weekend. We really appreciate his help, and look forward to getting more done. It's been a long, good week, and now we're looking forward to a productive weekend. See y'all next month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest