What is it with March?

March has lately been a pretty special month for me. Not that it never was, I mean, my birthday is in March, after all.

But in March 2015, I met the love of my life.

In March 2016, 2 days short of exactly one year later, I married him.

And in March 2017, our first child will be born.

Yes, you read that right. We are having a baby!

We won't be finding out what it is until it is born, if we can help it.

We have a midwife for the birth of this baby. My initial appointment was yesterday, and I must say I really like this woman! She is really easy to relax around, and despite being a relative newbie to the midwife environment, she is a 10-out-of-10 to me.

So far, the baby is normal (and apparently good at hiding and kicking), and I am doing just fine. D is very excited about being a father, and he will be an awesome one! He's already getting the baby gifts, which makes me laugh.

We are hoping for a boy, but of course a girl would be awesome. Either way, it will be an adventure, to say the least! The baby will be breast-fed, not vaccinated, and a home birth. :) It'll have been riding since before it was born, and also been having horse wrecks since before its birth, too... hope that isn't a weird omen....

Because we found out I was pregnant (then 2 weeks or so along) when we went to the hospital for my June horse wreck! Ack!
Here's the link to the blog post about THAT.

Honestly, I can't wait to meet this little child, for it is hard to believe that I am going to be a mother at my young age and also that I am capable of carrying such a miracle inside me! God is blessing me!

It'll be a while before I fit that ball gown my dear sister-in-law made for me.... but I will do it!
So just a few short weeks before our first wedding anniversary, there will be another little Baker on the ground, the first great-grandchild for at least two of the three surviving sets of grandparents we have, and also the first grandchild on both sides of the family!

I love my sweet husband, and I cannot wait for him to meet his little baby, his miracle. I only hope that should this child be a son, he grows up to be like his father, who is perfect in every way. And should it be a girl, she will be one heck of a girl with a father like him!


Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna handle all our reenacting.... how am I gonna dress with such a growing stomach? We have a total of four planned reenactments before the baby is born--the last just weeks before the due date. Oh boy!
Won't be long before ol' Jack has another rider!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest