Accidents Happen

Quite the post title, huh?

Well, I didn't quite get photos of all the horses, but here are the ones I did get....


Sneaky, who I've been training for the past couple weeks

Windy, who still hasn't dropped her foal by the stallion above

And the ones my husband got!

Sue, the pinto, and Mandy, the black with her head behind Sue's withers

L-R-Jack, Sue (butt angle, grrr), Kaylene, and Sneaky... Not sure where Mandy is

Well, since last weekend's post I have...

Basically, survived another week without air conditioning (pretty easy for me; I'm used to it, now)
And survived a freak accident with Sneaky that I don't remember. He is pretty intelligent, but that day, when we were starting to train him to be ridden, something happened in his head and he panicked and fell, knocking me out. He is the last horse that would intentionally hurt me, just he is a sensitive stallion and something went wrong. However, I actually find myself wanting more and more to be with that horse again and retry the green-breaking process (okay, that sounds insane even to me right now but what can I say?!). He is a brilliant horse.

So, I am recovering from a closed head injury and a cervical sprain (neck injury) and multiple contusions (aka bruises). I did have a concussion and enough memory loss to freak my poor husband out, but that's getting better. We did cancel a trip to my parents' place this weekend because of it, but really, the accident could've been worse. I'm thanking God for keeping me alive and my husband safe.

Till next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

New Year, New President