Photo Thoughts Part 7: My Man


Taken on our wedding day, this is the picture I think of when I think of my man, my husband, and the day we were wed.

He is the father of our son, and a wonderful one at that.

We are coming up on two years since I felt the butterflies in my stomach when he proposed.  Tuesday was eighteen months since our wedding day.

D is a hard worker, and an honest one. His integrity is perfect, his work ethic exceptional. My beloved's faith in our Father is among the things that drew me to him, and it sets the foundation for just who he is.

We have hard times, and good times, and it seems to me that I am the general cause of tension in the house due to crankiness - which is sometimes hormonal, sometimes not. Yeah, I need to work on that.

My sweetheart and I are so much alike in that we enjoy a good action or superhero movie, and love to ride horses. But while he likes to have an organized, neat home, I couldn't care less. Organization and cleanliness have never been my strong suits. I know, it's bad...

Also, he enjoys shooting his guns, for it helps him loosen up when he's had a really bad day, or gives him something to do when he's bored. And he wants to be competing in practical shooting in a couple of years.

But while I don't despise guns in the least (I have two - a rifle and a handgun), I don't like to shoot very often. Or hunt, for that matter. I have gone hunting with him, but always as a spectator.

We are both introverts and country folk with a love for the South and the outdoors.

I love him and everything he stands for. He is mine, and I am his. I have been blessed, very blessed.

I hope our son grows up to be just like his daddy: wise, handsome, pure, tall, Godly, strong, outdoorsy, and hard working.

For better or for worse, we are bound together for life. When we are old and gray, I hope that our love is just as evident then as it is now, if not more so.

I love you, honey.

*********************************************************

We buried his cousin on Sunday. Now, eight days after hearing the news, it still stings to know that it could be several decades before we see his face and hear his voice again. But when we do, we will all be praising the Lord and rejoicing in His presence.

The holidays and hunting season will be different this year. The two of them, my sweetheart and Caleb, would make fun of the other's shooting skills while hunting, and during the holiday gatherings talk about cars and hunting, and just each other's lives in general.

My son looks like Caleb, something we realized while looking at pictures of him (Caleb) as a youngster. It hurts, for I wish that Yance looked like no one and was his own self. But at the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way.

We are going to have a quiet weekend, shopping and recouping from the hell we went through last weekend.

Today, I would like to feature "Top Shot: The Gauntlet". It is the third season (aired 2011) of a show that ran for a total of five on the History Channel. An A&E Home video, we have watched the entirety (we own a copy) and loved it. It features impressive shooting feats, true sportsmanship, and also exactly what sportsmanship is not. Don't worry, the awful "sportsman" did not win!

It is well worth the $14, and will provide you with hours of astonishment as you see just what these sixteen shooters accomplish.

My husband absolutely loves it, and we hope to meet the winner sooner or later. We'll see if that happens, yet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest