New Week, New Things

Present collection!

Dryer (and me)
Cake (no, we didn't eat all that in one sitting)
So... For my birthday, I baked a cake, got a pie, and also some other things. My parents in law brought me a Breyer model horse set - the Classic size Black Caviar & Foal. Tana sent me some baby clothes (a onesie and footed pants to match), and my sweet hubby got me movies and ammo for my rifle. It was great.
Dryer - in place and ready to go!

We ate pizza for supper and drank A&W root beer, before cake and ice cream. And we watched the new Mechanic movie, too.
Washing machine
Last weekend, D got the dryer installed, and his future brother-in-law wired everything in for it to work. And then on Monday, D got the rest of the necessary pieces to make sure it and the washing machine ran without problems (one of those things being a dryer hose-vent without holes everywhere in it). Then the washing machine was hooked up, and tada! we have a working washing machine AND a working dryer! At last!
Pie!
Now we have a lawn mower, for it's been raining off and on since Friday night, and the yard has gotten green and hit a growth spurt. Yay. Cookie has also been spending a bit of time inside, for Duke is getting rougher with him and the idiot cat won't get in the puppy's face. Numbskull...
Broom closet
Also last weekend, my sweetie got the broom/breaker closet cleaned and rearranged the living room. Yay!!! And, our future brother in law also wired in an actual light fixture in the spare room, which is nice! The spare room and bathroom are now the only rooms with light fixtures and not just bare bulbs... though the bathroom does still have a bare bulb, too.
Living room

I had lots of energy on Monday (nesting!) and swept the main room, rearranged and cleaned the spare room, and also cleaned the bathroom. I felt it on Tuesday - I was a lot more sore than I'd been in a long time! I definitely plan to see the craniosacral therapist in a couple weeks so she can realign my spine... fix the rib that she could barely do anything with while I was pregnant... and also do what she can with the hip I messed up when I came off of Sneaky in June.
The rest of the living room

 

It's A Boy!


Tuesday, March 7 11:15pm - I begin to suspect that I'm in labor
Wednesday, March 8 12:30am - 95% certain, I wake D and then call the midwife and my mom
Wednesday, March 8 1:30am - D calls his sister and tells her that she and his mom are welcome any time to come and wait; water breaks within ten minutes; Mom and Dad head our way.
Wednesday, March 8 1:45am - D's sister and mother arrive
Wednesday, March 8 2:10am - Midwife and assistant arrive
Wednesday, March 8 2:36am - Yancey Lane Baker is born!

He weighed 7 pounds and 15 ounces, measured about 20 inches, and was quite opinionated about the whole thing. He had proven in the womb to be an active, stubborn little boy, and so he is outside the womb, too. The little one has a head full of hair, a healthy set of lungs, and many admirers. We love him with all our hearts, and his brand-new grandparents are fascinated with him, too. I cannot believe that I gave birth to such a miracle. He is a blessing from God, and we are very happy. Now I must focus on recovery and feeding the little tyke. My mother is here for a little while to help me in that, and D took the rest of the week off.



Mom and Dad arrived at about 4ish that morning, and then my siblings came that afternoon to bring Dad home and meet their nephew. Yancey Lane already has been claimed by Cookie, and soon Duke will meet the little guy, too. The midwife comes to check on us today, and then in two weeks we go visit her. Our final visit will be about April 20, and then we're on our own <gasp!>. Not to worry, though - we've got lots of help around here, should we need it. I love my little boy, but more so do I love to see him held and loved on by his father.
Excuse my face...
Cookie staring intently at his sleeping human
My sweetheart is an awesome father, and seeing the love he has for the both of us is beyond amazing. He is a truly wonderful man, and I am so blessed to call him my own. Mom leaves this afternoon, and then my brother, who came down yesterday to help out today, heads out tomorrow. It'll just be the two of us for a day or so, and then he goes to work again on Monday. Suddenly, the thought of being alone with my little boy is scary - but I should be able to handle myself by then, and besides, I have far too many people around who would be happy to help. Too soon, Yancey will be running around and getting into all kinds of things. These first days are most precious. I have both of my boys here, and neither are going anywhere.


Until next week!
~ a happy, blessed mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest