Photo Thoughts Part 6: Reenacting


Next Wednesday marks two years since my D asked my father for my hand. This picture was taken the evening before, at a reenactment ball.

If we were in love then, we're nuts about each other now.

That was the first of only two reenactments that I have participated on the field at. At that one, I rode Jack and was first guarding the cannon D was on, and then the following day was sent off with a cavalry group.

My future sister in law and I rode a couple horses on the empty battlefield while the others were prepping to pack up, and while we were gone my sweetie asked Dad. The answer, of course, was yes.

That ball was the first where I wore that gown. Today, it is packed away in a box, because I can't wear it. I fit it, I'm sure, but you can't breastfeed with it. Next year I will wear it again.

Without my man, I would not know about reenactments. Sure, there'd be a basic knowledge that they existed, but I wouldn't know a thing about what to do with them or where any are. I had no idea there were any this close to me. And then I met this crazy young man.

We are working on getting out of debt at the moment and therefore are not busy making plans to go to any reenactments. But once we've got money again, we will be headed to as many as we can possibly afford (assuming, of course, that they don't interfere with any of hubby's shooting competitions).

Reenactments are not as exciting for me anymore, since I haven't ridden on the field since February 2016. But I enjoy the people and the environment.

************************************************************************

Six month pictures for Yance were taken last Saturday. Sue was lazy as ever and a pain when D worked with her before the shoot and a bigger pain for me afterward. We also went down to another spot that evening, but mosquitoes and a grumpy boy derailed that. Finally, we finished at the Sabine river in a nearby town, and the album is complete. I still can't believe we have a six month old kid who sits up and crawls all on his own.

I know, I know...he's backwards in the saddle.
I didn't crawl until I was eleven months old. <gasp>

We're still feeding Jack twice a day and his energy level is certainly up. There has not been enough time for a lot of improvement, so no pictures yet.

This week the feature is "Making Babies", a book by Shoshanna Easling. The youngest of the Pearl kids, she runs the Bulk Herb Store and made this book during her second pregnancy. My taste buds don't appreciate the recipes much, but she has various tips and stretches throughout the book to be used. Also, she has teas and tinctures for cleanses and to help fertility for those who are trying to become mothers.

The book also covers a good bit of things for when the baby arrives, like how to treat a colicky baby, calm it down, and also ways to exercise your muscles doing daily chores.

This book really is "Fertility, Pregnancy and Birth the Natural Way"... and so much more!

I really need to look in it again to see what I need to be keeping up with... Oops.

The information doesn't end with the birth. It goes far past it and also has different herbal concoctions for morning sickness, toothpaste, deodorant, teething remedies, diaper rash ointment, fever and congestion treatments for the baby, and so much more!


So regardless whether you are in the pre-pregnancy stage, pregnant, or are nursing a baby, you need this book.

And it costs only $35 for the 470+ page book filled with recipes and tips for a healthy baby and mama.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest