Miracles

I am still writing this blog thanks to a miracle.

A miracle that happened one year ago yesterday.


The stallion I was breaking in was being ridden (by me) for the first time. And D and I made a mistake, which led to a nearly-fatal accident. The horse freaked out, scurried backwards, and fell onto his back. Fell onto me. D was sure I had died, and even today is still likely to let a tear slip when he thinks about it. I apparently was brought back to consciousness, but I have no memories from the moment that I suggested something to D late into the ride (the suggestion that ultimately led to the wreck), to the moment I woke the next morning in a hotel with D, and my parents in another room.


Thus, one year ago today is the day I was told, to my memory, that I was pregnant. I was excited.


The fact that Yance and I are here is a miracle. I came away with a diagnosis of a mild concussion and definite pregnancy, and bruises that come from being slammed to hard dirt from five feet up by a 900 pound animal's back. After waiting to make sure the wreck did not affect the pregnancy, we announced it in August 2016. Our prince was born here at home on March 8 on a cool, dark night.


I am very thankful. And I know why I am still here today. God left me on this earth because I still have the duty of being my dearly beloved's help meet. I am Created to Be His Help Meet.

And I still have a lot to learn.

On that note, I have resumed reading Debi Pearl's "Created to Be His Help Meet". From the first chapter to the last, it is a very deep, compelling book. The projects at the end of each chapter are useful. And I am so hard-headed that it has taken me several re-reads to actually think about doing them. I don't want to admit I could use (a lot of) work in some areas. As long as I can remember, I have been a proud, stubborn, and unwilling to admit I was wrong. And I've been unwilling to admit and accept that my marriage is not perfect and needs work.


This book answers a lot of FAQs (in the forms of letters) and also showcases much of the success Debi has had as a sort of wife-counselor. It covers child care and some worst-case scenarios, and little things you can do to make the home happier. And I can say that she is 100% accurate. She also helps you identify what type of man your husband is, so you can understand what his particular nature is - and hopefully help him better. This book is captivating and is very much a no-nonsense book. It's Biblical, full of common sense, and very moving. You will turn to it again and again. My mother has read it and used it, and soon after D proposed I requested that she give me an extra copy. I do not regret it.

Next to the KJV Bible, this is probably the most valuable book in my collection. If you want to transform your marriage or just fine-tune it, this book is for you. And the price is only $16.56.

 

I cannot recommend this book highly enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest