Somebody's Six Months Old

I interrupt the usual "photo thoughts" post routine that has occurred over the past five weeks to announce that our baby boy is a full six months old as of today.

The day he was born
That's right: it's already been six months since Yance was born.

In that time, he has learned to roll over, scoot, sit up, and crawl. He has experimented with his voice, grabbed random things (especially hammers), and developed a talent for knocking things over in the strangest ways.
Four weeks

And he loves water and apples.

The former he enjoys playing in, the latter he enjoys to suck on.

Two months
As for a hate list, string beans and carrots are at the top. And bananas.

His head is going from black/brown to sandy, but his eyes are still a brilliant blue. Still, we have no idea what his hair or eyes will do. At two, his father had very gold hair and extraordinarily blue eyes. Now he's got sandy locks and hazel/green eyes.

Three months
My eyes are blue and hair is dark brown.

Yance has big feet and good-sized hands. He likes to get up on those feet with help from a bigger person, and tries to climb and walk.

Four months
He weighs 16 pounds and is 29 inches long. That's 8 pounds and 8 1/2 inches more than his birth weight and length!

He now eats four times a day and sucks/gnaws on apple pieces.

The boy loves animals, and likes to try clobbering or slobbering on any creature he can find. We have yet to find an animal he is scared of, though he isn't enthusiastic about horses (yet).

Five months
He has a big head and had to upgrade to 6-9 month clothing a few weeks ago because his head wasn't fitting through his 3-6 month onesies, and the smaller ones in that size were stretching out a lot.

I love my baby boy, and enjoy seeing the interactions between himself and his father daily.

D loves his son so much. Yance enjoys being held by his father and wiggles/crawls over to him if he's not far off, and then my sweet husband picks him up and sets him on his lap.

They are my two men, and I love them both so very much.

Today - six months old
The past half-year have been like a roller coaster between PPD and a resurgence of PMS (at the same time!), the milestones Yance achieves, and simply the life of a parent. I still can't believe that I gave birth to this little human. And I pray that he makes his father very proud with what he achieves in his life as he matures. But most of all I pray that he grows up to be a fine, upstanding Christian husband and father.

D and I have quite the task ahead of ourselves.

****************************************************************************

In this section next week I will show pictures of Yance's six-month photos. We plan to do some with the horses and then go to a nice place elsewhere on the property tomorrow or Sunday.

We hoped that Jack would put on some weight on the pasture, but so far there has been no change. As a result, we dove into getting him feed and weight supplements (and a wormer). In a few weeks, if everything goes well, I hope to show before-and-after pictures.

A release date for the print copy of my book has been set, which will be revealed a little later on. I have a paper draft in hand right now that I am going through, and then I will rewrite the book once more. After that, I will start working on getting it set up for publishing!

For some reason this year's NaNoWriMo is a bit more daunting to me than the last one, which was my first. Maybe it's because I don't have a set plan and am going strictly off of writing prompts for most of my short stories this year. And I have no prompts for the poems, just ideas in my head.

November will be BUSY.

Today I am going to advertise another book, which is in my collection and I turn to a lot when I have questions. Questions about horse health and that kind of thing, to be precise. This week I looked into it again because it has information on gelding colts and Dingus made me curious about something.

More on that at a later date.


Storey's Guide to Raising Horses, or really any book by Heather Smith Thomas, is a real recommendation for any horse owner's collection. It covers diseases, shelter, feeding, breeding, mares, stallions, an overview of genetics, foals, and weaning. She has a separate book on training, which I have also found handy.

Anyway, it is $12.27 on Amazon, which is a fair bit cheaper than the copy I purchased a few years ago. My copy was in the $20 range.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest