Progress

So last weekend we had ourselves a bunch of people over and got lots of progress on the house done. I don't have pictures right now, but by the next blog post I will. :)

But, we now have electricity in the kitchen, living room, and all the plugs work in our bedroom and bathroom. An AC unit is in the proper window in the living room, cooling the house down nicely. Somehow we managed to feed everybody, and that was awesome.

I had lots of girls helping me out, between a 2nd-cousin-in-law, my sister, sister-in-law, and another friend. KitMarie finally made it out after getting lost 3 times on the way, late Saturday afternoon. She stayed over until Sunday evening.

We were given housewarming gifts, and tried (and failed) to make ice cream. We did, however, successfully use our popcorn maker! That was awesome.

Of course, the weekend was over way too soon, and my dear D had to go back to work, but not before the walls were finished in our bedroom and now we even have doors on it! Yay!

Some fence work did get done on Saturday, which was awesome. But, the yard fence is a rather big project, so not much did get done.

Also, Dingus got more halter-breaking on Friday and Sunday. On Friday, he finally figured out how to be led with his little pink mini-halter and Savvy String, and on Sunday he walked out of the pasture for the first time. That experience wasn't too bad, but when mama got left behind and started worrying, he started to freak out, too. But he wasn't as people-scared on Sunday as he was on Friday! The colt has proven to not be scared of me, just head-strong. On Sunday, I haltered him after he decided to just flop down on the ground for a nap. That has never happened before.

Dingus turns 1 month old tomorrow, and by the looks of the paling coat around his muzzle, he is shedding out to palomino. We'd hoped he would stay chestnut!

Many thanks to my dad, sister, father-in-law, cousins-in-law, grandparents-in-law, sister-in-law, and of course the friends that made it out. It was an amazing weekend and I'm grateful for all the progress y'all got done on the place!

Sunday: Dingus with me, then KitMarie behind me and my sister, L, in the brown shirt. Windy is at the gate. Photo taken by my husband, D.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest