Reenactment Season

We have two planned spring reenactments: Pleasant Hill and Jefferson.


Pleasant Hill was the first reenactment we attended as a married couple, and this year it will be the first one we attend with our son. On Saturday, we will head over there, and Yance will have his first exposure to the whole reenacting environment. He will be one month old exactly, too.

I am defying my own expectations. I did not expect to be so energetic four weeks after giving birth to this little one, and yet I am nearly back to my normal self. I haven't felt this good in more than nine months.

So, D will fall in with some friends to fight at the Pleasant Hill reenactment, then play the ball with some more friends. I will watch from the sidelines, holding my baby boy. He will be decked out in a brand-new 1860s era baby outfit, and I will be wearing my blue camp dress.

Who knows what reenactments we will attend this year. We will be at most, if not all of the upcoming band engagements (we missed the first one because it was two weeks before Yance's due date), plus one or two other reenactments. This is our first year as a family, so it is a little different but not too taxing.


I am well into the editing process on my book. This week, I've been juggling it with household chores (laundry & dishes) and playing with horses. On Monday, I played with Sneaky, Tuesday was devoted to Dingus (we didn't do much; I just followed him around and let him sniff his halter and lead rope), and Wednesday I played with both Sneaky and Sue J. Thursday, the last day that I was able to play with horses, I hung out with Dingus for a bit, rubbing his neck and back with the tip of my carrot stick, and then played with Sue. She is proving to be a bit of a mental disaster, not aided at all by her heat cycle, but I am confident that with a few more sessions I can ride her around the pasture bareback for a little more than the five or six strides she took yesterday.












Today we are busy in Dallas, and the weekend will be spent in Pleasant Hill. Monday I get back to work on the book and horses.

For our anniversary, we went to a zoo and gun show, and hung out with some friends at the gun show and the supper afterward. It was absolutely awesome, though carrying a sleeping Yance in a sling around the zoo was a bit tiring.  I wonder what we'll do next year, when we are able to leave the baby boy in the care of family the weekend prior to our anniversary. I hope I am not pregnant, but I won't mind if I am.


Oh yeah, and we had a total of four reported tornadoes within an hour, even fifteen minutes of us on Sunday! Fun times. There have not been reports of damage making the rounds that I know of, however, so our community was very blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest