Busy Spring

Yance has a new uncle. His aunt looked beautiful in her lacy, modest wedding gown. My brother ended up "DJ-ing" the wedding (there was no music at the reception), and my own husband was quite handsome in his blue and gray outfit.


This weekend, we go to my parents' place to see my grandparents. It's been more than a year since we've seen each other, and so they have not held their first great-grandchild yet.

I've been battling a sinus infection all week, so I haven't gotten a chance to ride or play with any horses... But Yance has!

On Sunday, we went outside and he sat on Jack and then Windy. D held him and I took pictures. The little boy was just fine with it.

Kelly has adopted nieces and nephews - two girls and two boys out of her late sister, Jadzia. Two tortoiseshells, a blue lynx point boy, and a black male. They are about the same age as her own two blue lynx point sons, and she took to them as soon as she heard their meows. She now has six kittens to raise. Or seven.

Yesterday, on our way home from the six-week (and final) checkup with the midwife, we checked on them. We discovered that she now had FOUR (instead of the original three...) blue lynx point males, one black male... and one tortoiseshell. We're not sure where the extra blue lynx point came from, or where the tortoiseshell went. Hopefully this mystery is cleared up soon!

Anyhow, the baby boy weighs 10 pounds 14 ounces and is about 22 inches in length. That is a 2 pound 6 ounce increase in a span of four weeks. We also had to adjust the car seat straps so the growing kid would fit.

The boy saw his great-great-grandparents for the first time yesterday morning. They were thrilled to see him and exclaimed at how heavy he was - and this was before he was weighed, so we had no idea what his true weight was. He simply felt heavy.

Next weekend, we plan to go to Houston, where my hubby will be part of a group playing music for a party. The following weekend is the Jefferson reenactment. And then (hopefully), our busy/out-of-town weekends will be over for the spring.

On March 25-26, we were an hour away from home celebrating our anniversary. The following weekend, we spent Friday in Dallas and Saturday at Pleasant Hill for a reenactment.

Last weekend was my sister-in-law's wedding, and this weekend we'll be more than three hours away with my parents. In total, six consecutive weekends will be very busy this spring!

Maybe we can finally settle down in May and tackle house/ranch projects. Who knows.


As for my writing, my goal is to have edited half of the biography this month and then have the other half done by July 1, when the July Camp NanoWrimo begins. I'm undecided if I will do a complete redo of the book in July or begin my fiction novel then. I will probably do the redo/rearrangement in July and then work on the novel in November, but plans can change.

Anyhow, I'm off to get to packing before heading to see the craniosacral therapist this afternoon! It's another busy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest