Prep Time

Well, I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. Apparently I need to do a better job stretching (surprise, surprise), and drinking water (again, surprise....), but other than that everything is fine. I got my blood drawn for the third and final time this pregnancy, which went well - after I went and got some food and water. It was 9:30 in the morning and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet or remembered to get a drink. Whoops. My husband had to take me back to the birth center about 11:30 to get the blood drawing done. Fortunately we had planned other stuff in town anyway so we could go get food and such before going back. I'm glad he puts up with me NOT doing stuff....

Let's see...

The bathroom is well covered in drywall mud, and Dad plans to come back next weekend (not tomorrow) to prime it so we can shower. We've been able to take baths, but not showers. At the moment we are just grateful to have running water to the bathtub after a year of owning the house!
















Soon the serious countdown to Baby Baker's arrival will begin, but so far (s)he is quite content to have fun where (s)he is at. It gets a little painful for me though.

This weekend we will be working around the house, doing this and that to get ready for the big day. There are just over three weeks to the due date, but I am not expecting to make it that long. After the baby shower on Sunday, we have just about everything we need, so now comes the excited waiting period.




There is pallet lumber sanded and waiting to be put up on the walls. The driveway is a lot smoother. Mandy is finally home, giving us one less horse to worry about. Not to mention that every day this month when D has come home from work, he has brought me treats. He is either crazy in-love or he is hiding something... lol... Pretty sure it's the former and not the latter! I love him, and he is absolutely adorable. Soon he will be holding our first child, and I can't wait for that day.

Trying to figure out how to get on the windowsill with Cookie
All our animals are doing well, and Duke and Cookie are developing a love-hate relationship. Kelly seems to have semi-disappeared. Sue appears to be in foal, Dingus is actually being weaned, and Jack is doing just fine. February is well upon us, and the weather has been kinda chilly, very warm, windy, and sometimes wet, too. Yep, it's February in Texas. Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest