House Joys and Horse Photos


The colt’s name, ladies and gentlemen, is Dingus. He is named after the famous (or infamous) Jesse James, whose little-known nickname was Dingus. His name was made official on Sunday, the 7th.
He has begun his halter-breaking as of the 10th, and it began with a bit of overreacting from him, but he figured out that he couldn’t get away and stopped freaking out. When that happened, Session #1 was over. Session #2 was today, and he was much easier to catch, halter, and I did even get him to be led a bit some, without all the overboard thrashing around he did on Wednesday. I then left the halter on him while I went and rode my horse, Sue, for the first time in a couple months. That was also my first ride since I came off Sneaky. Sue was pretty easy, for her buddy, Mandy, hasn’t been turned out with her in so long that she no longer freaks out about leaving her or anybody else behind. And I was riding bareback with just a rope halter and lead rope!
When that was done, I found Dingus and Windy again and unhaltered the colt while he was lying down. He was flat on his side and let me just walk up to him and unbuckle the little halter and slide it off before he bothered to get up. That was particularly awesome. After that, today’s horse tasks done, I walked back to my house.

Yes, on Monday we finally got electricity, and my dear D and I were finally back in our own room that night. It took a couple days to get our stuff that was over at my in-laws’ place back over here, but it wasn’t bad. And, thanks to the efforts of my sweet husband and his father, we now have water running to the kitchen sink and the toilet! Of course, I’m not used to using the sink so I’m having to remind myself I don’t have to go outside to the faucet right by the back step like I used to do before the wreck. We also don’t completely have the electricity wired up, with one room totally untouched and another not having it at all. But we have our fridge plugged in and we can use the toaster oven, and we have AC units in the bedroom and bathroom. No longer do I have to sweat through my days here! I feel so, so blessed. I have a hard-working husband, food, electricity, and water.
Air conditioning!!
We do have an ant problem and a mouse problem in this house, but we’re taking care of those. The mice have decided to stick to the attic since we’ve moved in, with only one sighting at all this week: a drowned mouse in a huge tub of water we keep in the bathroom. No worries, I didn’t freak out and I took care of it! I’m not the least bit squeamish about mice, rats, or insects and such. No, my fear is snakes, and even that’s not bad. I’ve gotten better about that over time.
My best friend is coming next weekend, only her second time ever down here and first since the wedding. She has never been in this house. Never! It will be a great weekend, especially since she’ll get to meet all the horses and maybe even love up on Dingus, if he decides she’s nice enough to touch him.

I should go, now. I have some cleanup to do around the place to get it presentable for next weekend so people can work on it. This weekend’s project is house cleanup. Next weekend’s is house improvement. Until next time, y’all!
Note: All photos were taken by me today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest