One Last Time

Well. My first blog post will be up on The Baker's Help Meet on Wednesday. That means this post right here, the 118th, is the final one at Transplanted In Texas.

We've covered a lot in the two-plus years I've been blogging here. From my wreck with Sneaky within the first month, to the pregnancy and birth of Yance, the journey to financial security (of which we are on step 3 of 7), the writing of a book, the loss of not one but TWO family members in less than two months' time last year...., and the blessing of a second pregnancy and anticipated birth.


The journey continues over at The Baker's Help Meet, where I will try my best to show you how I am a happy, contented, joyful, madly-in-love wife and mother - and how you can be, too (y'know, if you're a woman who wants to be like that). It will be less personal, less scatter-brained, and more focused on keeping the family healthy, learning to handle money, training children, and stealing your husband's heart - over, and over, and over again. I hope you enjoy the new step in this blogging journey!

You will be able to follow me on social media via Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

I will be using the R Baker Twitter account personally, and the Facebook page for this blog will remain up for people to look back on my blog and book.


D is still working as a Rodenticide Technician and heads the two-man division at his company. Growth is expected there, and hopefully soon he will be in the office instead of the field. We are looking at ways to grow small businesses here, and his dream is to run a gun range and be an instructor. He also loves the ranching life, and we plan to develop what we can into a better, more profitable piece of land.


Yance is well on his way to being potty-trained in no time, even with only two weeks of serious training under his belt. The nearly eighteen-month-old is quite the helper with dishes and laundry, and loves the outdoors, horses, and dogs and cats. He also is a classic boy and enjoys dirt and water - especially combined! We are going to need a sprinkler and a wading pool next year, I think. He apparently enjoys books, and although he is not much for actually pronouncing words, yet, he can be found chattering and going through his little books over and over again. Yance is also a lover of music, and it's quite possible that he'll be an adept musician in a few years - if we take the time to help him cultivate his talent, of course. He has a bright future, and I'm excited to see where his passions lie in the next few years as we begin his schooling.


Baby D is an active, healthy little child, and on Sunday we will be 28 weeks along with this pregnancy. I am now drinking a very full glass of cold red raspberry tea (sweetened with Stevia), every morning. This is to help strengthen the uterine muscles. I am also stretching thoroughly, mostly to help my lower back and hips. Those have hated me since Sneaky fell on me, so.... yay...


Dingus will be resuming light training next week if I get my round pen set back up. My goal is to get him comfortable with a light reenacting saddle, plus finish his training with getting his feet picked up, and teach him to trot in-hand. I have until November 1 to complete these goals, and won't be rushing him, so we'll see what we end up doing.


Jack is retired. The old man looks to be in his twilight, and I might ride him once or twice this fall (y'know, once the weather is cool!), but that's all. He's 24, now, and although it's actually not uncommon for horses to reach 30, I do not expect this particular horse to do that. We might end up getting another horse in the next couple of years.


Sneaky will be picked up by a buyer from California next week, and as a result got his Coggins and health certificate in the mail on Monday after the vet was out a couple weeks ago. He will actually have a job out there, and I'm expecting him to love his new life.



Duke and Dakota love Yance, but right now that's about all I can say about them. Those two roam the family property and also dig holes around the house here. Duke in particular likes to annoy the horses, which goads the younger Dakota on. Fortunately, a lot of the problems with that are reduced with Duke is on his chain.

Cookie is somehow still here. He is no longer afraid of Yance, and will entertain the little boy and hang out with him. The cat is a survivor, and I am expecting several more years out of him.


As for me, I am excited to see where the future takes us. A few more children and a few more horses, and I'll be happy. My husband's passion is guns. Mine is the horse. In the spring, I am hoping to start boarding and breaking horses, and along with it work on losing baby weight and trim down. There is also a garden in the future, and still more crazy adventures along the way. Hopefully the blog will grow into a profitable small business. No matter what happens, I will remain focused on my husband and family, and my end goal is to be the best Christian I can be, for their sake - and mine. There are many years ahead, and I am looking forward to the children raising their own families and my beloved and I growing old together with grandchildren and possibly great-grandchildren around us.

See y'all on Wednesday at our new location!

RB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest