A Very Long Weekend

We got up to my parents' place Thursday night, and Yance was promptly put to bed. He hadn't even bothered to fall asleep on the way up! Wow!


So... he was so tired on Friday that he fell asleep during lunch. I can't remember if he's done that before... if he has, it's been quite a long time! Poor kid.

Friday afternoon, I was with KMarie. We went to the jeweler's and got her ring cleaned real quick. Then we picked up a petticoat for her dress. And I was there while she had lunch with her fiance. It wasn't too bad, but when she and a bridesmaid got their nails done, it took forever. Ack. Lol I keep my nails too short to bother getting them prettied up, and besides I hate the smell of a nail salon. Ah, well. I did enjoy being with her, though, and helping where I could.

Missing Mommy
But, we made it to rehearsal on time, and finally got to see my sweetheart and son again at the supper. Yance and D both missed me a lot, which I expected, but I am glad that they got to spend time together!

Saturday was long, but ended on a fun, high note.

Makeup started around 11, and I got the natural look with sparkles (apparently), which didn't do much for my appearance, according to D. Lol. I never wear makeup, and my eyes did not like my lashes and such getting done -- they wouldn't stop blinking, no matter how hard I tried! Fortunately, they weren't actually irritated, and there were no tears. However, I found that I enjoy getting makeup done for the most part. I guess it's because my love language is touch? I don't know. I also enjoy getting my hair messed with... somebody could do that for hours and I'd probably doze off, I'd be so relaxed.
Me. With makeup.
Anyway. After everybody's makeup was done, we moved to the upstairs of the reception venue and did everybody's hair before pictures. Pretty sure mine was the simplest and easiest to do -- also, I think no one else actually had a PLAN for their hair. Lol. Still, everyone turned out looking phenomenal!

Then came pictures, and then we waited another 20 minutes or so before we set out for the wedding venue. Kmarie was lovely in her gown, and the gorgeous bride rode with her father to the lake that the wedding was at.

We arrived, waited around some more for everybody to be seated, and then proceeded up the aisle. I caught the eye of my sweetheart as we went, and he and my son both dressed up very nicely. It's amazing how handsome they both looked!

Anyway, vows were exchanged, they were pronounced man and wife, and with a flamboyant kiss they sealed the deal. Then, we proceeded to do pictures on a very nice dock, and then the maid of honor and I drove the bride and groom back to the reception venue.

Waiting on me to get to the reception!
Supper was salad and potatoes and rolls. Not a whole lot, but Yance absolutely loved the potatoes and rolls. And the ice. Crazy kid loves ice. I had salad, and it was great!

Then came the fun part of the evening. We all headed upstairs, where the bride and groom, then the bride and her father, danced. Then came the bouquet and garter toss.... and somehow her maid of honor caught the bouquet, while her youngest brother caught the garter. And then proceeded to wear it on his head.  I'm chuckling as I write this, by the way.

Then came the cake cutting, and drinking of punch. Both tasted amazing, by the way!

And then, of course, the regular dancing started. And my son apparently spent quite a bit of time on the dance floor before he was sent home with my parents and little sister to go to bed.

 

My husband and I enjoyed cake and punch and danced a couple waltzes, and he also was out there doing the Cupid Shuffle, which was funny to watch. It was a very fun evening, and we left around 11pm, finally tired and ready to go. The bride and groom left not long after.


Despite all the time apart, we enjoyed the weekend immensely. My best friend is now a Mrs., my sweetheart and son are both great at dressing up, and I got to be a part of Kmarie's special day.

And it didn't rain us out! Yay!

Sorry, no photos of the bride and groom. Hehe. You'll have to know them (or be social media friends, at least), to see any. Although I might be able to post something in a later update -- who knows!

He started potty-training this week, and on his very first day had already figured out what I meant when I announced, "Let's go to the potty!" He still needs to work on actually using it, but at least he heads for the bathroom and knows he's going to be on the toilet, instead of expecting a bath or heading to his room for a regular diaper change.

And there are major changes coming to the blog! No details, yet, for those will be in next week's post, but by the end of the month you will be seeing a complete revamping of the entire blog. It's exciting and a little frightening, but hopefully it will mean a growth in readership and a fine-tuning of material. If I am to do a paid subscription somewhere down the road, then I must have more readers, better content, and a better place to do it.

See y'all next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

First Anniversary - Reflections