It's Been A Crazy Week

As of this publication, I am in my hometown preparing for a wedding. Hubby took the day off, and we came up last night.

And tomorrow is the wedding that has been waited on for several months. Yance gets to wear a new outfit, I get to actually wear a maternity dress suitable for this, and hubby will look as handsome as ever in his jeans and button-down shirt.

This whole week has been busy, preparing for this event and also doing a checkup on the baby.

Sunday morning we went shopping, getting home in time to put the groceries away and then go to Ma's for lunch. While there, we finished adjustments on my dress, and spent the rest of the day chill-axing. It was a good ending to the weekend, and a good way to rest for the upcoming crazy week. Plus Yance lost his pacifier somewhere in the house, so now he's officially weaned from that. I was fixing to do it anyway, so that's one way to get it done. Thanks, kid.

Monday, I was washing and folding all the clothing we would need for the weekend. All of it. Dishes were also washed, and the house tidied up. Packing began, and I got to try on my dress one last time. It fits perfectly! Thank you so much, Ma!

Yance helped with dishes by putting the cutlery/silverware in the drain rack, and with laundry by putting the socks and laundry basket away when I was done folding. He's turning into such a cute little helper!

Tuesday, Yance and I went back to town for my 24 week appointment, and to finish shopping before heading home and resting. It was a pretty long day dealing with all that, and nothing else got done. But! The baby is fine, healthy, crazy, and quite active. Big personality difference from Yance already. He kept trying to hide when having his heartbeat checked, at this stage. This one attacks! Yikes!
Ready to go!
At the midwife's and half-asleep 
Home again! He slept on the way to town
and on the way back!



Wednesday, I was cleaning the house again, and going over the packing list to make sure we didn't miss anything. It was also bath day for the little boy and myself.

I love this $30 mop!!
I used my brand-new mop, which worked GREAT! and cleaned the stove and toaster oven and counters and table. And washed dishes. Plus, of course, I made stromboli for the first time, cleaned up laundry, swept floors, and cleaned the bathroom. It was a productive day, we stayed home, and it was awesome. Also, this was the day that it finally clicked with Yance of which direction the utensils were supposed to be put in the dry rack (handle down). That felt amazing.

Thursday, packing was finished, and I made sure everything was tidied before we left. Plus I rested, stretched thoroughly to prepare for the long drive, and double-checked that we had everything, and that everything else was suitable to be left for three days. After my beloved got home from work, we ate supper (pizza!), he got cleaned up, and then we headed out.

Today, well, there's rehearsal and supper and setup and getting showered and cleaned up. In some semblance of order. Tomorrow, makeup (ack!) and hair starts at 10 at the reception site, and the wedding is at 6. I am super excited and can't believe that I get to be a part of this big day.

Next week I will recap this weekend, and have a special announcement, so don't miss it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest