On The Road Again

We haven't been up to my hometown in a very long time. More than six months. Last year, we visited almost every month, but this year we've been pinching pennies in several ways to make our July 4 debt free goal.

And so, we finally will make the trip up this weekend. We are leaving tonight, and we will come home Sunday night.

Next week, we will have our debt down from $4100 to at least $500 - hopefully less. And we will have that knocked out in the last week of June. We are excited and setting our eyes to the next step along our way!

But that's a story for another day.

This weekend, we will be enjoying ourselves, enjoying the mini vacation with my family, and I, personally, will be glad to be away from home for a couple days with several babysitters. Aka siblings.

Yance won't enjoy being strapped to his seat for three hours, six hours round trip, but I'm planning on bringing plenty of toys to entertain him. And, hopefully, he will sleep some of the way.

I spent yesterday cleaning the truck and Yance's carseat. I also made sure everybody had lots of water, started packing, and got to work on next week's grocery list, so I don't need to worry about it on Monday.

Today I am finishing the packing and making sure the house is suitable to come home to. Yance will get a bath, every room will be tidied, and I will have food waiting when my beloved gets home so that we can eat and be out the door ASAP.

My family is, I'm sure, excited to have us for the first time in a long time.

I will see my best friend, enjoy the slightly less humid air, and I'm thankful for such a wonderful set of parents, who love me, my husband, my son, and the baby on the way.

I could keep going, but I need to get back to work. See y'all next week! Have a fantastic weekend, and don't forget to read about the great A.P. Indy, great great grandsire of the Triple Crown dreaming Justify!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest