NNWM2017

I laid out the plots for my book and had all of my blog posts prepared so the blog could handle being virtually abandoned for 30 days. And then it hit me.

I simply can't do NaNoWriMo this year.

I have a house to maintain, a baby to watch and make sure he doesn't hurt himself or anything else, and keep random things out of his mouth.

There won't be enough time, between feeding my husband and my son, the horses and holidays, to get fifty thousand words in. And if I don't think I have a chance of winning, I'm not inclined to start something.

So NaNoWriMo 2017 is a bust. No, less than a bust. It never began.

We'll see about next year. I might have enough time. But November is an awful month for it, because of Thanksgiving.

In other news, I am releasing my book, "A.P. Indy", on November 11! It has over 200 pages and will be available on Amazon and CreateSpace, among other places.


I can't even write a blog post without the kid climbing up on my leg.

So good luck to all the other Wrimos. Especially those who have babies and toddlers.

Today's feature is "Man o' War", a fictional biography by Walter Farley - the author of The Black Stallion series. I like The Black Stallion series, but this is the best of all his books, in my opinion. Of course, I may be biased, for I love Red.

And if you haven't heard of the stallion who sired Triple Crown winner War Admiral and won 20 of 21 starts in his own career while beating Triple Crown champion Sir Barton in his finale, you probably have heard of his paternal grandson, Seabiscuit.

And his sire line continues through one of his lesser sons, into Tiznow. Tiznow, the horse that battled Giant's Causeway to the wire in the 2000 Breeders' Cup Classic and then managed to keep Sakhee at bay the next year to become the only horse to date to take two Classics. Of course, Arrogate will try to become the second in his final start before entering stud next year.




Arrogate (Unbridled's Song x Bubbler, by Distorted Humor) is also a descendant of Man o' War, though not tail-male. Man o' War appears in Arrogate's eighth, ninth, and tenth generation of ancestors a total of twenty times - a total of eleven on his sire's side, and nine on his dam's. Man o' War's sire, Fair Play, is also sprinkled generously in there. Man o' War owes this through his sons War Admiral, War Relic (the head of Tiznow's tail-male line), and American Flag, Big Red's first crop Belmont Stakes winner, and through his daughters, Seaplane, Flaming Swords, Firetop, Hostility, U-Boat, and Armada.

I am making my selections for this year's Breeders' Cup, and entries and morning line will be drawn on Monday. I will not be making a post about that, but a basic review of my success will be in my November 10 post.

Anyway, see you in November!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest