Crunch Time

This month I'm getting down to the crunch of preparing to release my book (yay!) and put down the first words of my next one. Both of those are happening next month.

I am also trying to decide what to do for my sweetheart's birthday, which is at the end of next month.


Fortunately, I have given myself plenty of time to figure that out, so that's not too rushed.

This year I will be working on my first draft of a book full of short stories and poems. All brand-new. Yeah, it's going to be fun.

November is turning out to be even more hectic than last year, which had NaNoWriMo, a reenactment, Thanksgiving, and also hubby's birthday - and I still got nearly 90,000 words in on my A.P. Indy book (it's not that long anymore).


This year I'm adding a book release to that list, and also will be keeping track of a seven to eight month old baby boy at the same time. Yikes!

By the way, we're expecting a tooth at any moment, he crawls, pulls himself up, goes "ba-ba", and can be an overall disaster when it comes to spitting up unnoticed and then dragging his body through the mess.

A month or so ago - before he was climbing to his feet without parental help
Next week I plan to get back in touch with the photographer I am using for the front cover on my book, and the week after that I'm confirming plans for my husband's birthday. No party this year, for I don't feel up to throwing one. Someone else, however, can do it by all means!

So I need to write and schedule posts for November... and use Canva and get my social media pictures for the posts set up. And get this done by November 1, because that's when National Novel Writing Month starts.

Tonight my beloved and I are taking our six month old son to my parents, so the three of us (and many more!) can celebrate the birth of my sister tomorrow. On Sunday we will return with a seven month old boy, and our first memories of his four-week-old aunt.

Jack, yesterday
Sometimes I dream of a life without my son, how carefree it would be in comparison and how much I could get done without having to worry about him or having him tire me out with his sometimes endless energy.

But then I see his face while he sleeps or grins up at me in a joy only a baby can have. And I realize how blessed I am.

My first book is for my husband, who encouraged me to actually accomplish my goal of being a published author.

This one is for my son, who makes me laugh throughout the day and wonder at the miracle of life.

Today I feature a horse model. Made by the Breyer company, this Classics model (made at 1:12 scale, one size smaller than their 1:9 scale Traditional models), this is a model of none other than Man o' War himself. I do not own this, but I really, really wish I did. And it is only $24.

I have other models - the Traditional Rags to Riches, my all time favorite American filly; the Classic American Pharoah, the 12th and latest Triple Crown winner; several Stablemates models (made at 1:32 scale or something like that); and a couple other nameless Classic models. Also among my collection, still in the box, is the Classic Black Caviar & Foal set, which features a walking mare patterned after Black Caviar herself, and a playing foal shaped after a baby Oscietra.

This is a red chestnut stallion, painted to match the color and markings of the horse who was born 100 years ago this year. The 70th anniversary of his death comes early next month.



He will look good on any shelf!

Man o' War won 20 of 21 races and was America's leading money earner at the end of his career in 1920. His win margins varied from a length and a quarter to one hundred (yes, ONE HUNDRED!) lengths, and his only loss was after a rough trip while being the top-weighted horse in the field. He was beaten a half-length as a two year old in his seventh start. His name appears in many pedigrees today, and his most dominant line traces through the top sire Tiznow, two-time winner of the Breeders' Cup Classic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest