Writing: Why I Love It


I love writing because I get my thoughts out on paper and see them.

I love writing because... well... I love to read.

I love writing because I don't like talking, but I do like to communicate.

I have been writing for as long as I can remember. Writing about horses, more specifically.

And I love to write because it gets my thoughts out for others to see, and in some cases I want books to be available that aren't, because nobody has written them. So I am writing.

My first book is to be a non fiction biography of sorts about A.P. Indy. My second planned book (which I hope to publish in Nov 2018) is a fictional romance based off of the song by Riders In the Sky, "A Border Romance". And my third is to be of my favorite living racehorse, Texas Bling.

I looked for a book about A.P. Indy and haven't found one. "A Border Romance" is a story-song that would make an excellent book - though I admit I do have doubts about finishing that one or even starting it. I may decide instead to make that apart of a short story book I want to have done within the next ten years, and instead launch into the Texas Bling book.


Writing makes me happy. I love to see the words get on paper, and I love being able to edit my thoughts and make them better worded and a whole lot clearer before they get to the public.

I enjoy sharing my life's story with the world and maybe having the world glean off of my experiences. I also hope to make money with my blog, but so far that seems to be unsuccessful.

Writing is the form of communication I favor the most. I even have a pen pal that I've only seen once, and it's been nearly two years now since we met. I love letters, for they brighten up a mailbox full of junk mail or bills.

I enjoy seeing responses to blog posts or other things, like tweets and facebook posts. It doesn't matter if they are critical or not, for they give me a chance to think of responses instead of being face to face and stumbling over words in a panic. And if they are critical, then they make me think hard and dig up an explanation (in my own words) for why I think the way I do. And if I don't write, I'll never get a response.

Some of you may know that I currently have a deal going for when the page for this blog reaches 100 likes.

The first 100 people to like my page (and there are currently 43 likes) have a chance of being one of five people to win a signed, free copy of my work in progress book about A.P. Indy, which will be mailed to them after its planned release in mid November of this year.


What scares me some about writing is that I intend to have pictures in my non fiction books, and need permission to use them from photographers. Ack!

Most of what I love about writing, especially blogging, is looking back and seeing what's happened over the years and what my thoughts about it were. One day I will read back over this blog and laugh at playing with a baby Yance and reminisce about the teething days and the struggles of PPD. And of getting my first book out there.

Writing is my passion. It's what I love to do, and in some ways I can't explain why I love it. I'm scatterbrained and sometimes don't bother editing my writing, so I look back on it and gasp that I actually let it be read by others. I love to write, and I love to see what the world thinks of my writing. So far the world doesn't care, but that's okay. My relatives enjoy reading my thoughts, and as long as there is a reader somewhere I will keep on writing.

Speaking of readers out there, I have readers from the US, Canada, Poland, Ireland, Germany, and even some from the Ukraine, Italy, Portugal, the UK, and India. And just this week I had readers from Bangladesh and Brazil!

So far I have over 4200 page views, and counting. I don't have a lot of feedback here on the blog or Twitter, and all of my Facebook feedback has been from relatives, but who cares?

I am nothing but a young wife with a baby boy and a blog about living on a family ranch in East Texas. But I love to write, for I love to be read.

The third draft of my book will be complete by the end of this month. Starting next month, I need to be searching for pictures and selecting them for the book and then asking permission from photographers to use them. I do have two photographers picked out, and am hoping that those two ladies have all the photos I need.

This week, continuing on the line of kitchen appliances, I would like to show an Oster toaster oven, which was a wedding gift and has been used for over a year now. The one we have is probably the most used appliance in the house when it comes to cooking, running closely with the oven and the kettle coming a tight third. It has stood up to all kinds of use and still sits on the counter, and I absolutely love it!

It is less than $50 on Amazon and is worth the price. If you want to replace the microwave or need a new toaster oven, this is the one to buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest