Being A Help Meet

My first priority is to my spouse, my beloved, my husband. It is my job to keep him happy and encourage (not enable) him through life. I am his help meet.

Because of this, now that I have energy back, I am working on losing my postpartum flab and also keep the house clean and try to earn money with this blog.

He is easy to please. Respect him, acknowledge him and his efforts to please me and keep me safe, and love him. My entire being is madly in love with him.


Even though he doesn't enjoy it, he works long hours to keep the electricity on, keep us fed, and pay off the debt on the house. He comes home tired at the end of the day, and sometimes has to plow right back into work, building different things with leather. The weekends are usually spent working on the yard. And once in a while, he comes home just to turn right around and load us up for a trip to my parents' place.

In return, I try to keep the house at least somewhat clean and make sure he has clean clothes for the next day. He is mildly OCD and likes a clean house. Once in a while he will cook, but most of the time he is busy working on something or comes home too late to have any energy at all except to take a long soak, cuddle on the couch, and/or unwind with the Xbox or a TV show.


So I try to have a warm meal for the evening and the couch cleared. Yance is usually on a blanket on the floor, trying unsuccessfully to roll from his back to his belly or is on his belly examining his hands and the blanket before rolling to his back. He likes to blow bubbles and play with Midget.

My weekdays are spent with a nap in the morning, followed by a workout and then delving into housework and revising my book. I have already more than sixty pages revised and less than two hundred to go before the end of the month, in order to win Camp NanoWrimo July. And next month I begin both tweaking the novel and beginning research for my November NanoWrimo book.

I keep him updated on my progress during the day. He likes to know that I am doing stuff and at the same time getting a personal goal worked toward. In this case I have two personal goals that I am working toward: a fit body and a published novel.


Our son is growing like a weed and is a very energetic conversationalist. Toys don't amuse him. He prefers to lie on a blanket and look at the whole house while playing with the kitten his age. And blowing bubbles and talking and squirming.

It's hard to believe that he will be four months old tomorrow.


Today I present to you "The Hidden Help Meet". The newest of the No Greater Joy publications, it shows how following your man can have eternal repercussions. There are examples of strong women whose efforts brought about strong men of faith and therefore saved many others, yet these women did not receive a drop of gratitude. It tells how you can be like them, raising influential children and/or being the driving force behind your husband's success - whether it is in the spiritual field or the business world. Maybe the world won't recognize your achievements, but your husband or children will. And their praise is far more valuable than any other's. This book, along with "Created to Be His Help Meet", helps you to be a Proverbs 31 woman.

This weekend, D and I are heading to my parents so he can help celebrate my oldest brother's birthday. Yance and I will hang out with my mom and later on also KitMarie. It is the first of two consecutive weekends in the area, for next weekend we will be there again to celebrate Katharine Marie's birthday.

I am so proud of my beloved. He is a musician, a leather worker, a very good rodenticide technician, a good rancher, an amazing horseman, a great shot with any gun, a wonderful father, a talented and extraordinary husband, and top-notch Christian. I am the luckiest woman that ever lived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest