Thanksgiving

Monday's ride
Tomorrow Thanksgiving begins. And that means that I get my D for 4 straight days!!! It also means we're surrounded by family until Sunday night, so that's a negative, I guess, since I'm an introvert and don't like being surrounded by people.

Thanksgiving Day means Thanksgiving celebrations with the local in-laws, aka Ma, Boss, and D's parents, sister, aunt, uncle, and cousins. And then Friday morning we are loading up with his sister and her boyfriend and hauling off on a long, nearly 5 hour drive to the other side of the family's place. Then.... we spend the night there, and Saturday have Thanksgiving with them. My family is coming out for that, too, so yay! I think. Honestly right now my head is just swimming thinking of all those people!

Saturday night will be spent there and then Sunday who knows what'll happen as we drive around DFW. Finally, that night we get to come home, and we don't even get a break before D heads back to work Monday morning--and I resume working on my novel (which by the way I won with on NanoWrimo today with over 81k words).


Happy birthday, D!!!!!! (he played a guitar on the road to the reenactment on Friday--his sister's boyfriend drove)

And then Tuesday is his birthday. He doesn't have the day off, so we're not going anywhere to eat (we'll probably have done that Sunday anyway), but nonetheless it will be a special day. It is, after all, his first birthday since our wedding!

Last year we spent it together in DFW with our families, and that was a disaster.... This year I'm 26 weeks pregnant with our first child (which means, of course, that we have 14 weeks to go), and we're celebrating at home. By ourselves. And that sounds perfect. We can cuddle and watch a movie and have a relaxed evening instead of a hyper-active day.


D, in front, with my brother and a friend moving across a smoke-covered battlefield on Sunday--as Confederates
Sunday, dry run for a videoed skit (which you can find on FB @ Reenacting Escapades)
Last weekend's reenactment was a blast. I was certainly glad to get home and into our own bed again, but I can see why it is D's favorite reenactment! I can't wait to go back next year.
My parents!
Post-battle Saturday, with his sister, her boyfriend, and then me

Loading guns Sunday in-battle
D was an NCO (non-commissioned officer) in a dismounted cavalry unit working with a mounted unit, and my oldest brother and a couple of friends were under is command--though he did essentially command the whole unit since he knew what he was doing. It was fun to watch, and now I've decided I want to get myself an OTTB specifically to do cav work when we're NOT with the cannon and battery (like at this reenactment) and to do scouting when we ARE with the cannon. Until then, Sue will have to do. I rode her on Monday, and she was fresh and brainless... so that was awfully fun. Not.
Saturday night ball!

The entire dismounted unit on Sunday
The MOUNTED unit on Sunday

That was probably our last reenactment until the baby is born. We might, possibly, go to one 2 weeks before the baby's due date, but that is unlikely. So, we shall see a battlefield again with our first little Baker in my arms on the 2nd weekend in April. But next year we have a dilemma: shall it be in Louisiana, as usual, or shall it be at Shiloh, TN?

We'll find out!
Dingus is growing up!

Oh and Cookie is staying home alone from Friday morning post-hunting to Sunday evening when we return. I'm not sure whether that's scary or not.
So is Cookie!

Until next month, y'all!




My Thankful List:

My husband
My horse
My family
My friends
And more....! I have a lot to be thankful for, most of all my salvation and knowing that even when death does part us, my husband and I will meet again in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest