Fall Reenactment #2

Reenacting...

Photo credit LowellandShasta Stagner, Facebook

Tonight, my husband and I will be on a 3 1/2 hour drive to our next reenactment. And then we'll set up sleeping arrangements (hopefully it'll be nicer than at our last one in terms of PADDING), after of course finding our friends. Cookie will be staying behind with his buddies this time, so it's just me and my D going out. We will be back on Sunday, and Wednesday, due to lack of internet until then, I win NanoWrimo. I will only have 1 day next week to work on my book <gasp>, which is over 80,000 words already: Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, and then Friday we head out to see my mother-in-law's family, where we will be on Saturday and then in Dallas/Fort Worth on Sunday before coming back.

I am excited, although once again my husband is in the band playing the ball, and I am stranded on the sidelines watching unless he gets a break to dance with me. This time, unlike last time, my sister-in-law will be around to play, so he should be able to get a break.

Last year, my brother and sister and I planned to be at this one, but we had to miss it when we got sick the night before we left. This means I am over-enthusiastic and eager to see what this reenactment, a favorite of my husband's, will be like!

Midwife, M-I-L


I had my 24-week appointment yesterday, and the baby and I are both doing fine. I can't believe I'm so far along already! The baby was active and excited, and there really isn't much new to report.

I will be swamped with 1860s dresses at this reenactment, so I'm not sure whether to feel amused or terrified at the thought of several women having me try on dresses--a couple of which have been made specifically for me.

My father-in-law is staying behind to tend to my mother-in-law, who plans to head back to Tennessee next month for more treatment. She is suffering from babesia and a weak heart, because of so many years of Lyme Disease. We hope and pray she gets better.

Keeneland Update

Swipe was declared out of the sale, and Dynamic Sky RNA'd for $45,000. Jericho also was declared out. So far none of the stallions have sold. Dads Caps RNA'd for $190,000, and General Quarters has not yet gone through the ring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest