My Little Helper

Yancey Lane has been helping me with lots of things these past few weeks.

Laundry, dishes, cooking, and cleanup.

So today, here is a photographic record of the little man's accomplishments while helping me.

Oh. And he learned a new word on Sunday. "Cracker"!


July 20 -
licking the fork after helping me during multiple stages of making brownies


This is only a sample of what he's been doing. He's been throwing away trash on command for us for a long time now, as well as putting away his toys before bed and assisting me with cooking and laundry (and putting away clean laundry!) many times over the past month. His department in the laundry is to haul small items to the laundry room - and put whites in the white hamper, since it's the only one he can reach right now. For clean laundry, he puts folded socks in the basket and helps me carry baskets of folded clothes to the appropriate room to put away. And for dishes, his job is to put the clean silverware in the proper place in the drying rack. He does not get knives sharper than butter knives, or anything larger than the silverware. And he loves helping. When I go to the sink, he finds his stool and asks me to get it out - whether I am actually going to wash dishes or not!

July 3 -
first day helping cook


I don't set up the stool unless I am going to be there cooking or doing dishes - that way I know I am supervising, and he can't just have the stool whenever he wants. And, usually, it's set up before he even realizes that we're going to be working in the kitchen. The hardest part has been getting him to climb off the stool. He's not scared, just wants to stay up there. But we're working on him responding to when I tell him to "get down". So far, so good.

July 21 - breaking in his brand-new shoes at my parents' place


I am so thankful for my little helper! He will be doing chores on his own before we know it! Hard to believe the little guy is 16 1/2 months old and already being so diligent with helping his mama out.
July 26 - helping with dishes!





July 26 - putting white socks in the correct hamper


July 26 - hauling dirty towels to the laundry room

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest