Photo Thoughts Part 15: Snow!


In this part of Texas, snow happens once every couple of years - if that often. So when it does, because nobody around here manages to keep equipment and such ready for the ice and sleet and snow, people get snow days from work and school.

Including my husband.

D already had a day off this week because he was sick, and another day off was bittersweet-ish. I mean, we really could use the pay that comes with another day of work, but a four-day weekend is nice.

And then there is the fact that on Monday I came down with what he had and have been somewhat bedridden all week. Monday and Tuesday were my worst, however, and it was good to have him to take care of me. He had me to care for him and Yance over Saturday and Sunday, and then returned the favor. Yance had a bad fever over the weekend too, but recovered remarkably and is just fine. He never lost his appetite, just slowed down and slept a lot while burning whatever bug he had out of his body.

I am so thankful for D. He means the world to me and I don't know what I'd do without him. He did work around the house, changed a bunch of diapers, kept me fed and entertained, allowed me to sleep, and was just wonderful during the couple of days he had to care for me.

Tuesday was snow day, and D got the both of us outside. And I have to laugh when I see the picture above. Yance had to taste the new substance, and didn't care either way about it.

This weekend will be warmer, and next week pretty warm, too. Hopefully I will be back on my feet and back to being mom and wife and keeper of the home, but I won't rush it.

Stay warm this winter.




Hopefully you'll get a more in-depth post next week. My brain is still a little fried so there's not much to this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

New Year, New President