Photo Thoughts Part 4: Young Love


This picture was taken in June or July of 2016.

This picture brings on so many thoughts and feelings, but none do this moment justice.

You see, it was taken in the days or weeks following my accident with Sneaky. Yance was a secret except to us and our parents, and I was recovering from a concussion.

And my sweetheart, my honey, my love, was there through it all. And I love him.

We had been married for about three months when this was taken, and tomorrow we will have been married exactly seventeen months: one year and five months.

And it has only gotten better.

My communication skills, especially with him, are awful. But still he is relentless in his love for me. I need him, and he needs me.

With God's help, we will stay strong over the years. Just a few nights ago as we were dozing off to sleep, I murmured to my man, "I think I'll enjoy growing old with you." Or something to that effect. I don't remember exactly.

But I want there to be pictures forty, fifty, sixty years from now similar to this one, taken by our children and grandchildren. And great-grandchildren, if we're lucky.

And that's all I can say.

For when I see this picture, I go, "Thank You, Lord. Thank You for keeping me here with D. And thank You for our son."

*****************************************

Today we are celebrating a friend's birthday. Then it's supposed to be somewhat rainy with some storms through Wednesday (thanks, Harvey), and then we prepare for our September trip to see my parents, which will happen over Labor Day weekend. The horses are enjoying their pastures and it's a relief to not have to worry about watering anybody.

Today my feature is "Les Miserables" - the book.

I have been in a junior college play as an extra of sorts, and seen the latest movie several times.



Let me tell you... the book is DENSE. It is thick, jumps around, and can be long and boring in places. But it also grabs your attention, especially after the third or fourth time reading it.

It ties characters together so well. You learn how different people, seemingly unknown to each other in the plays, are connected by blood or debt. And it is amazing.

In fact, I may purchase the book sooner or later because it has been too long since I've read it.

It is the base of the only musical - on stage or film - that I enjoy watching. So pick this up (it's less than $9) and enjoy your read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest