Photo Thoughts Part 1: Sneaky & Cookie

I have decided to do a series of posts where I put a picture on here and then describe the feelings, thoughts, and events behind it.

I have no idea how long this series will last, so at the end of each post I will do a recap of the previous week and also tell of plans of the future. And post something from Amazon for you to purchase if you want.


November 5, 2016. That is when this photo was taken.

It was the morning of Breeders' Cup Saturday, and I thought it fitting to play with horses on a Breeders' Cup day. The day had begun with writing, working on the first draft of my A.P. Indy book.

I had haltered Sneaky and Sue J, as they were in the arena together at the time, and played a little with each of them. Cookie followed me around, and when I was done I removed the gear from the horses and took pictures of them. Sneaky was curious about the cat, and the kitten was a bit scared and decided to climb up to his "safe space" (Cookie is a wimp). His safe space, by the way, is my shoulder.

However, he paused on my leg, so I snapped this photo while laughing. The stallion was confused and the cat was unsure of what to do next, for Sneaky was not pursuing him with that big head of his.

The cat did not get his claws through the denim jeans, so this did not hurt.

After this, I gathered my laptop and went to Ma's to watch the Saturday Breeders' Cup card on NBCSports and NBC.

It was a fun moment. At the time, I was about five months pregnant, and exactly four months away from my due date. Of course, Yance waited an extra three days before arriving!

*************************************************************

This past week was spent doing some cleaning and resting. This weekend we tackle the fence again, and soon we will have it ready for turning horses into the front pasture. It will be great to look out and see four of our five horses just outside our front yard! The fifth, Sneaky, will remain by the barn.

We have six of the eight glasses we were given from Home Essentials & Beyond, the best track record of the glass cups we were given. They are sturdy with a solid weight, and they are on Amazon - albeit a little updated. These are used daily in our household. And I absolutely love them.




They are expensive, ranging upward from $44, but they are worth it. These glasses are a wonderful addition to your kitchen and dining room, and will go through a lot. I don't remember how one met its end, but the other ended up cracking because a candle shrunk so far into it that the flame was against the glass (this is what happens when you're given candles but no candlestick holders). I encourage you to purchase these and enjoy them yourself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest