What The Future Holds

2017

It's been a busy week. D has worked every single day this year so far (including New Year's Day, a Sunday), and I've been getting down to business cleaning up our spare room for the baby and getting ready for the next cold spell (ack!). Last night it got pretty close to freezing, and it's not supposed to get up in the 50's again until Monday. Fortunately, there is a warm spell coming mid-week, which will be great, except of course on our sinuses.


We ended the year, not by D going in and getting his license to carry (the class was cancelled after the instructor was informed the location was going to be closed New Year's Eve), but by getting the hot water heater hooked up. Of course, now we have to replace the faucet on the kitchen sink so it doesn't leak when the hot water is turned on to it, but it's not that bad!


This month, D will finally go in for his license to carry class, and then I have two midwife appointments: one at 32 weeks, and one at 34 weeks. Also, we will be playing a ball in Houston next weekend, and working hard to get the place cleaned up and ready for the baby's birth.

In February, there is a baby shower planned for me, and I will have up to three midwife visits - at 36, 37, and 38 weeks - and the countdown will really begin for me to have this little one, who is due two months from yesterday!

Then March will roll around, and if the baby didn't decide to show up early and come at the end of February, it will be making its appearance here. I have my fingers crossed that I am not in labor on my birthday, for I actually want to enjoy my first birthday since the wedding, with my husband. I would be a little... busy... and working too hard and be too tired to truly enjoy it. At the end of the month, D and I will celebrate our first anniversary, and we will be holding our firstborn child.


In April, we have our first reenactment of the year. Besides that, there's not really much planned.

When May comes around, we will attend our second reenactment of the year. It will also be my first Mother's Day. Should I be scared?

And then there's June, July, August, and September, all of which are virtually unplanned at this stage, except that D's first Father's Day is in June (hehe!). All are summertime months (for the most part) so the idea will be to stay cool!

In October, there's another reenactment, and another one in November, and then at the end of November D has another birthday.

December will roll around after another eventful year, and we hope to look back on 2017 as having been productive and successful while we hold our nine-month-old child in our arms.


I am excited to see what happens this year, and I am very excited about the prospect of meeting my little child and beginning to raise it to serve the Lord! But most of all, I am grateful to be living with my wise and wonderful sweetheart, who loves me more than life itself. We will face whatever this New Year brings together, and in love.

New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I have decided to put together a few resolutions for this year.

  • Glean knowledge and wisdom to become a more useful ranch wife
  • Learn as much as I can to be a wise, loving mother and not spoil our child
  • Break in Sneaky without incident
  • Ground train Dingus (so that it is easy and safe to saddle-break him in summer/fall 2018)
  • Have my A.P. Indy biography published (first draft is COMPLETE!!)

Here's to a fun and successful 2017!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest