New And Exciting Things

Next week, I will have a huge post on the Eclipse Awards and the Presidential Inauguration, but this week is a quiet one to focus on the latest goings-on here.

70 degree weather in January is definitely a Southern thing, but I like it. However, we have also gotten a lot of wind to go with it. It is a mixed blessing - the laundry dries faster, but it has a hard time staying on the clothes line!

This weekend my sweet husband and I will be in Palestine at the annual Sam Davis New Year's Ball. I will mostly just be watching; he will be playing in the band. It will be his third year playing the band for this ball, and I have never been to it before!


A lot of new and exciting things have happened around here lately. Last week, my sister-in-law got engaged to a young man who just happens to be one of D's best friends. This week, we began weaning Dingus.

Baby Baker is an active little guy/gal, and we cannot believe that we have only eight more weeks (more like seven and a half, now) until his or her due date!

I am ever so much in love with my beloved sweetheart, and it is amazing to see how his love for me has grown, too. This year will bring new adventures, with us getting a new brother-in-law (and the baby a new uncle), a baby, and continuing to work on our house. It will be interesting to see how the marriage of my sole sister-in-law to one of D's best buddies will affect our lives, but it will be even more interesting to see how the birth of our little baby will change us and our habits. Not to mention that Baby Baker gets a brand-new second cousin in June!

I am still in the process of editing my A.P. Indy biography, which is taking longer than anticipated but mostly because I dread it and don't prioritize it (and partly because now the priorities are to prepare for the baby, so....). However, I will be working away at it, for I have a new, fictional novel in mind, and I will not let myself launch into the first draft of that one until this book is waiting to be released! And so, I have a goal of having finished 60 hours of editing time by the final day of February. I just need to sit down and DO IT when I have nothing else to do. And no making excuses, either!


The book is now divided into sections and chapters, and there are 277 pages... on normal size printing paper layout on my word document. My last editing stop was on page 11. Oh wow. Once I have the book formatted on a smaller-size document for publishing, there will be a lot more pages!! And the word count is 144,911, in case you were wondering.

This year is promising to be amazing and absolutely wonderful. I cannot believe that it is already 2017, nor that my beloved and I have already been married almost a year. It's been quite the year, and before our first year is over, we will be holding our first child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest