To The Love of My Life

My Sweet D,


You came into my life at the perfect moment. You took my heart and handled it with such gentle care that I could find no reason to take it back. In the time that we've been married, you have proven time and time again that I made the right decision last October when I answered, "Yes," to a question you gave me, and again when I replied "I do" to another question given me this past March.
I thank the Lord above for you each and every day. I could not have picked a better man on my own. It was only with God's help I found someone so hard working, so devoted, so loving, so gentle, yet firm and honest and above all pure and clean. I could not have done it on my own.

After this past weekend, I have found a whole new level of appreciation for you. For two days and two nights, the first time in our marriage, we were apart. I thought I could handle it. After all, I'd had you every day and every night for eight and a half months. But no, without you I lost myself. I lost the half of me that keeps me going day in and day out. Only the knowledge of your return kept me from going absolutely crazy, but it didn't keep me from feeling totally abandoned when I crawled into a bed alone for the first time since the wedding. It didn't help me on the second night, either, even though I knew I would see you the following day. I found that the love we shared the day we wed was a faint memory, and that the love we share now is something stronger, better, and more committed than when we made our vows.

I could not be prouder of the man who is the father of the baby we will welcome next March. Nor could I ask for a better partner in life, to help me through the daily struggles and love me through my own faults. We are in the holiday season, where good cheer and thanksgiving and gifts are passed around in a spirit of happiness and rejoicing. But to me, every day with you is a holiday. Every day that you are near is another day granted by our Father for me to love you and show you how much you mean to me. It is another day to be cheerful and rejoice in your presence and in the Lord's, and be thankful for all that He and you have done for me and given me.


Soon, we will enter a new year, a year where the first of our many children will enter the world, and we will embark on the adventure of parenthood. We will have hard times, but with God's grace and our reliance on him we will survive and come out even stronger and more in love than before, than now. I love you, my sweet, precious, gracious and loving husband. I love the man you have become and I love the man you are becoming and will become. I will always be here for you, through the thick and thin, because you, my sweetheart, my honey, the light of my life, make it worth it. You, my beloved, make life worth living. And unto you I will hold fast, because I promised you, before God, that I would do so. And because you show me a love no one else, save God Himself, is capable of possessing.
Your blessed bride,

R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

Vlog Channel Contest