I Miss The Horses

All right. So I've been living at my in-law's since the accident. There are no horses here. Just cows. My home is four (unbelievably long) miles away, but I am not there very often anymore.
Me and Sue
Windy still hasn't foaled (last checked her last night, not in early labor or anything close....).

Odo, the cat, is missing us a lot, and when we stopped by yesterday he was meowing and begging for attention. He has a fantastic food supply right now since his feed bag is pretty much a free-choice meal right now between him and the barn ants (which are annoying).

Odo and his mama (hint, she's white, and so is he...) and his adoptive mother and siblings the day he was born
I really miss the horses. I can't just walk outside and pet one, or have a conversation (they're usually one-sided...) with one, or look out the window and watch them graze or their funny antics. I hope this weekend I will spend many hours with them, though I can't do anything yet due to spontaneous few-second spats of dizziness and lack of concentration.

I might just want to bring a lawn chair and sit in the shade in Sneaky's pen and let him and Mandy (who is turned in with him now) just sniff me and let me feed them treats and pet them. Maybe I'll walk around a little bit and see what Mandy's reaction is when Sneaky decides to tag after me and ignore her. Sue would come to the arena fence and I'd walk up and pet her. Maybe Jack and Kaylene would come by, too. I would take pictures of everybody and play with Odo, too. Just enjoy the fresh air and the horse smell and the cat begging for attention.
Me, riding a 10yo OTTB mare my friend leased last winter
Yes, I enjoy the air conditioning and electricity, but I miss the horses more than I missed what I have now. I can't wait to have a little foal to photograph and play with. I also can't wait to ride again and feel the power of a horse beneath me. In a way, I'm glad I don't remember the accident, for if I did I might be too afraid to ride again.

Free and crazy
I am blessed to have so many family and friends that care about me. I am blessed to still be alive, and my husband is very thankful, too. So I will rest on my blessings and hope that they continue, and thank God every day for my life. And of course I will also have little bursts of impatience because I can't play with the horses!
Holding hands with my husband during a break in a reenactment last year--I'm riding Jack (his horse)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Mom

Accidents Happen

First Anniversary - Reflections